Saturday, November 16, 2013

『Review』GEO: Princess Mimi (Bambi) - Sesame Grey

Whooo~! Happy Saturday! It's been a super long week for me, but now it's finally the weekend. ;A; <3

Today I'm going to be reviewing Princess Mimi (Bambi series) lenses in Sesame Grey! I got these a while ago from EyeCandy's for my Mikasa cosplay. Since these looked so amazing, I decided a post would be necessary.
Now, before I get into this review, I'd like to state that I wear prescribed clear contacts regularly. If it's your first time inserting lenses into your eyes, it will be difficult. ;v;
Please also note that frauds and fake lenses do exist! They could potentially harm your eyes; be cautious of where you buy them and always clean your hands throughly before handling!


Here's some information from the site:


Brand: GEO 
Origin: South Korea 
Water content: 38% - 42% 
Diameter: 15.0 mm 
Base Curve: 8.7 
Duration: 1 year disposable 

"The latest hit from GEO! As seen on Japanese gyaru model Tsubasa Masuwaka 益若つばさ. Right now, this is all the rage in Japan!" 

It has a very high water content so it doesn't get dry easily. I only had to use eyedrops once in a 6 hour period!


http://www.eyecandys.com/geo-bambi-princess-mimi-sesame-grey/

I got the contacts bubble wrapped in a little envelope. It included EyeCandy's card with a wear and care guide. Very nice packaging! I do think they forgot to include the lens case that was supposed to come with my purchase, but thats fine.

EyeCandy's is a site that sells Korean cosmetics and lenses. They've always exceeded my expectations, making them a great place for first buys. The lenses there are all trustworthy and real!
(*note*: I am in no way affiliated with EyeCandy's. I'm doing this only of my own opinion and experiences.)

I let the contacts soak overnight in multipurpose to completely remove the storage solution. To those who are new to contacts, never forget to do this! Storage solution is not gentle and will burn your eyes. ;'< 


They actually looked very natural! When I wore them to school, I got many compliments on how big my eyes looked. I love the slight brown ring in the center that helps blend the color. The black ring around the outside is also great at creating an edgy and finished look. 


My Thoughts


Comfort: 5/5

Even after 6 hours of wear, I hardly felt them at all. These were as comfortable as regular contacts. With the help of eyedrops, I literally forgot they were there at all.
However, make sure you never wear contacts for more than 8 hours, no matter the comfort. Circle lenses are not recommended for daily wear! Opaque lenses block oxygen, so make sure you always give your eyes breathing time.

Enlargement: 5/5 

There was a definite difference in my eye size after putting these on! They looked very natural on my dark brown eyes, but also made them pop and stand out. I'm very satisfied on how it gave me a mysterious and stoic look, perfect for my character.

Pros

  • Super comfortable 
  • Very enlarging 
  • Natural but mysterious 
  • Great for photoshoots

Cons

  • Literally none that I can think of!


I hope you all found this helpful! Thank you so much for reading. <3

Until next time!

☆ gin ★

 ∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞

If you happen to follow me or like my posts, comment below and link your blog! I'll be sure to check it out. ★

9 comments:

  1. They look gorgeous on you, I love the colour! I don't wear lenses, I'm too scared of putting things in my eye hehe^^ It took me ages to even get used to wearing eyeliner! Thanks for the review Gin:D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! ///v/// Thank you so much Emily! <33
    I feel you! I was exactly like that when I was 12. I was scared out of my mind with even the thought of contacts, but then I got into cosplaying. LOOOL
    To be completely honest, I don't think I would've gotten into make up at all if it wasn't for cosplaying-
    Thank /you/ for reading! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo, it looks nice on you <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh~ Thank you so much for the compliment and for reading! <3
    I really adore them. *^*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the enlargement on these lenses! *.* Looks very good on you! :)


    fairywater79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! <3 I really adore them. *A* Definitely one of the best purchases I've made this year.


    Thank you for reading! <33

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right right? It's really noticeable and brightens up my face nicely! *A*
    Thank you so much for reading! <3


    I followed you on GFC and bloglovin~ I love your art style! Super cute. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally agree! :) Thanks for liking and following! I also followed you! ;) I probably will be stalking around haha! :)


    fairywater79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete