Saturday, November 2, 2013

『Review』Neutrogena Natural: Purifying Facial Cleanser

Hey guys! Gin here. 
I apologize for not having done a review in a such a long time. Everything has been extremely stressful and irritating for me. :<

Because of this, I've been breaking out almost everywhere. My nose, forehead, temples--EVERYWHERE.
I got this from the drugstore a months ago. Absolutely loving it, I decided I would share my review on it.


Description

It claims that, "Neutrogena Natural...cleanser gently washes away impurities and detoxified pores for fresh, clear skin. This face wash contains natural salicylic acid found in Willowbark bionutrients to penetrate deep into pores to detoxify and help remove dirt, oil and makeup, while rinsing clean without pore-clogging residue. Suitable for acne prone skin."


Active Ingredient


Willowbark:


Willowbark is a natural and organic ingredient that has anti-inflammatory properties, relieving swelling and sensitivity. It's also a natural form of salicylic acid. Salicylic acid is used to remove dead skin cells, allowing new ones to grow. This also helps clogged pores and wrinkles. As the dead skin is being removed, your skin becomes healthy and radiant.

•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•

Smell: 


Absolutely amazing. It's smell kinda citrus-y but with candy and tea. The smell will actually slightly stick with you even after washing. However, it's not strong. Just ever so slightly, making you feel very clean.

Consistency:


A bit gel like, but instead watered down. It's clear and feels like regular liquid soap when touched. When applied and massaged onto the face, it lathers into a slight foam that is somewhat difficult to rinse off. It's not oily, just that there's so much it requires a few splashes. A little goes a long way for this product!

Effectiveness: 


As I said, I've been having breakouts and blemishes due to stress and school. After using this for around a month, I started realize that the only problem area I had left was my temples (acne in that area is usually caused by overworking, so I'm not surprised). The wash worked really well in washing away my oils. I actually noticed a slight difference in my skin color as well, probably because of the willowbark. My face is usually never oily now and I love it!


Removing Make-up

I tested with NYX Waterproof Liner, NYX Liquid Liner, and NYX Lip Cream. (Did I mention I love NYX products? ❤)

It worked better than soap and water, but worse than regular make up removers. I wouldn't recommend using this for removing make up unless you want to look like a panda and to scrub your eyes like crazy.

Pros: 

  • Cleaning oily skin
  • Keeping dry skin hydrated
  • Preventing small breakouts
  • Fantastic smell
  • No harsh chemicals

Cons:

  • Bad at removing make up
  • Slightly difficult to rinse
  • Will not work for extreme acne

Final Rating: 7/10

Thanks for reading! ❤
☆ gin ★

 ∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞•∞

If you happen to follow me or like my posts, comment below and link your blog! I'll be sure to check it out. ★

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great product <3

    Love that it's anti-inflammatory!

    http://www.gwiyomistyle.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving it as well! *^*
      Thank you so much for reading, Yomi! <3

      Delete
  2. Loving it as well! *^*
    Thank you so much for reading, Yomi! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesss~ I love it as well. *^*
    Thank you so much for reading, Yomi! <3

    ReplyDelete